Wednesday, April 27, 2016

One of the sad parts about being a busy teacher and designer, is that I rarely get an opportunity to take a class myself.
There are teachers and designers out there that have wonderful ideas, and techniques that I would love to try my hand at, but i just never seem to be able to find the time. Until now.

I recently registered for  an online class, to brush up on some lettering skills and learn some new techniques. The best part about it was I could access it at any time, I could work at it at my own pace and as often  as I could manage. Though I have been doing it in small doses it is paying big dividends!  Education of any kind is never wasted. The waste is in never stretching oneself, or in allowing our skills to wane.

www.artplaydate.com

This is the second time I have been involved with ART PLAY DATE. Ms Kelly Hoernig has been an inspiration, and the driving force behind it. The woman never stops... she is driven to provide great classes, great content and diversity, and given the list of teachers for 2016 ( among whom I have the privilege to be included) She has suceeded admirably.

A list of 22 experienced  Teachers , utilizing media of all sorts,  they have created  a series of classes that are touted  as mixed media, but it is my feeling that they are so much more than that. These classes offer techniques specific to the teacher, product knowledge you can't get anywhere else, and such fun designs!!

If you want to have a Look Go check out the ART PLAY DATE BOOKLET  to see WHO  you will be painting with, What you will be doing and what you can learn!



No comments:

Vintage Toy Sleds... easy DIY!!

                                        Vintage Toy Sleds... Well we have come full circle and are back to glueing popsicle sticks tog...